Well, I did it. My 7 bow with a 10 gallon fuge.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I DID IT! I am really excited. All my hard work and questions paid off, I have a working overflow and a working return. I will however need to buy a minijet PH becuase there just is not enough flow. So, who here has ever seen a 7 bow drilled? I saw it for the first time yesterday. I have some grape calupra in the 10 gallon with a shallow sand bed, and then another shallow sand bed in the 10 along with 12 lbs of LR. It does not look like a lot, but the corals will fill it in a good bit. Ok, I know you want pics, so enjoy them.

I have to DIY how to hang my lights, and then buy the lights, and then i am getting a clown

and then, and only then i am getting my first invert

Have you tested the overflow with the power turned off? did it overflow the fudge? Just wondering if WE all had helped engineered it correctly...

if the return tube is submersed and does not have an anti-siphon hole the main tank will drain until the return line sucks air, in the event of a power failure. Have you shut off the return pump to see if it drains far enough to overflow the fuge?

O i see, i have not drilled an air siphon hole yet, although I dont think i even know how. Also, the system is not really running yet because I have to attach the return line to the back wall so i dont shoot a bunch of water out in the room.

Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier. Like reefrunner said, remember the diagram that was drawn and discussed about the 1/8th pilot hole to break the air? that was what I was replying to see if it was successful from EVERYONE inputs helping you get this built.

I dont know if i let you guys know, but way more than half of this was suggestions/answers to questions. Therefore I want to thank all the people who helped me do this.

Back
Top Bottom