Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
What type of filtration do you have? DSB, rock, etc? Big skimmer, fuge and a big ol' sump? I wonder about the nitrates with that load and the corals. What kind of corals do you have? This will be an interesting thread to follow.

demodiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Wet/Dry filter 12gal sump, Mag7 return pump, Reef Devil compact rotein skimmer DSB, live rock, No Nitrates, water change 10% daily since the bio load so the water has been changed the past 4 days 50% the day before the addition and 10% each day after. Colt coral, leather, 2 clams, bubble anenome, Sabae anenome, various zoos, frog spawn, mushrooms, open brain, star polyps, spaghetti anenome http://flickr.com/photos/59422509@N00/ I also feed the garlic guard and vitamins in food, add Bionic and iodine, All levels alk, Ca, PH, Nitrates all good so far no deaths

xxnonamexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Nice tank!!
ntswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:51 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
To update everyone. I have been doing the water changes and no nitrates I have had a green chromis pass away and also thedwarf lion who wasn't eating when purchased and I fed him prawn, live shrimp used garlic guard and still didn't eat. I was wondering with my pair of skunks, perculas, chromis would it be ok to add a pair of black/white clowns? Thanks
xxnonamexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:36 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

I would not add anymore fish if I were you. I believe you lucked out with the 4 existing clowns in a 55g, but if you add anymore, there'll be trouble IMO. If your skunks are anything like mine, they'll feel their oats more and more everyday and become more agressive as time goes on - especially with new clowns if you add them IMO.

I know it's hard to hold back on more fish, but I think you should now.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:53 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak
Yeah man you need to cool down on your fish. The 2 pair of clowns may be ok now because they look like they are juveniles. Be careful once they get a little older they get more aggressive. I couldnt keep a single perc and a fire in my 55 without them fighting. I personally think you have to many fish in their to begin with, let alone adding 2 more clowns. I wouldnt add any more fish period. You have a reef tank, I think you would like to keep your bioload at a minimum, I dont wanna see you lose your coral. I would just keep up with your PWC's and stick with what you have and ride it out. If you want 2 black clowns start up another tank. I always see fish I want but I know my tank cant handle them so I just start new tanks. Hey good luck and keep us updated.

125g~Zoanthid dominated~SPS~LPS~T. crocea~S. haddoni~2xSaddleback Clowns~Hippo, Kole, Achilles Tang~Leopard Wrasse~Flame Angel~Purple Firefish~Gobies~Chromis~3xCleaner Shrimp~2xHarlequin Shrimp~Pistol Shrimp
AquaReefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com