Well it finally happened

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
I should have seen this coming , my Vlamingi tang and clown tang had been picking on one another on and off over the past 3 months. I kept saying I need to separate them , than they would chill out like nothing ever happen for a week or so , so I paid no mind and left them together not ever thinking of this out come ,

well this morn I woke up did my normal routine walked over to the tank turned on the lights , well nothing seemed to be odd until I saw a pinkish red cloud in the water . I looked around only to find my clown tang shredded up like he's been through a garbage disposal , than I see the culprit with a big gash on his nose, swimming around like nothing happen ,

I so loved that clown tang he always did stupid stuff for attention , now it's a shame I'm going to miss that . now that I know I have a blood thirsty tang I need to find a fast way to catch him . he see's the net and knows what's next.
I was thinking a small hook and going fishing but with my luck I'd catch everyone but the one I want .

the Vlamingi tang seems to be very at ease could it have been he was intimidated by the Clown tang , I am not sure if I should just leave him or remove him , I would hate to see this gruesome horror all over again . what do you guys think ?

I wouldn't worry about it. Tangs will do tang things. Feel threatened will beat on each other until there is a victor. All it did was free up the territory that was being 'threatened'. I'd just be wary of putting another tang in with him.

Those are two aggressive tangs. They were probably ok for a while then bang, just like that they start fighting. I`ve seen that in my tank.

They were probably ok for a while then bang, just like that they start fighting

it was almost like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off . I have never seen a fish so shredded it was almost unrecognizable , going to have to find a way to catch the Vlamingi tang . I just don't trust him any more , maybe time to trade him in get a small school of ochrestriped cardinals .

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear about the loss. It sucks when you can look back and see the signs in perspective knowing now what the outcome was. It is too bad it was the one you liked most. So sorry. Get him traded in. You will see him every day, and probably never really like him now anyway.

Back
Top Bottom