Went to Sea World today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
They have a new aquarium walkthrough called the Stingray Aquarium. If you go you must see it. I was just itching to ask for some of their live rock, it was just amazing! Here is a pic of a couple of Sea Horses they had in one tank...

Attachments

• image-2082768363.jpg
    image-2082768363.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 125
Leafy Sea Dragons...cool! What did you think of the big reef tank In the Atlantis flume ride section? It's in the room with the see through floor and ceiling tanks. Last time I was there, they had some Montis that were unbelievable!! Had to be 4 feet across!....awesome tank!

What? Seriously?! I missed that, did not even know it was there. Had my small children with me and neither wanted anything to do with the Atlantis ride or the Manta Coaster. The Stingray Aquarium was close to that area and had a see through roof into a stingray tank that had a few fish. The smaller windows into that tank were "small" FO and reef tanks. At the entrance was a huge reef with a ton of different fish and corals and critters. There was one tank with huge anemonies, huge starfish and an octopus, this tank had a large tube leading to another tank of same size with more starfish and anemonies. Another tank was seahorses. Another had those that I posted a pic. Another had more of those but a lot less bushy looking and bigger. Another had these odd fish that hung vertically while swimming, forgot the name. The last was a giant cylinder full of many types of clown fish that you could crawl under and "stand up" in. Funny, there was a Firefish in just about every tank.

Yeah, it's directly behind the Atlantis gift shop store. Same building I think. On the right side of the flume itself. It's been a couple years since I've been, but I doubt they would remove it all. The floor and ceiling had big cutouts that were glass, so it was like you were inside the tank. Things above you and below you swimming around. For me the large reef tank was the most impressive thing there, besides of course the whale tank. Could you imagine doing water changes on that beast!!
Ohh yeah, the underwater shark tank with the moving walkway was pretty cool too!

crister13 said:
We're the fish called shrimpfish?
I think that's it. My wife said they were shrimp-something but she couldn't remember either. Very cool to see a group of about a dozen or so swimming around like that.

A few years back I had lunch at "Sharks". That place is very cool. Food was very over-rated and expensive, but having lunch inside the shark tank was brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom