Went to the LFS today....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had tested all my water, in my 125, and the readings were all at 0. The problem is, I never saw ammonia or nitrAtes spike. My nitrites were at 0, along with everything else. Well, I though this was very odd. I went to the LFS to buy a small fish for my 125 (later to be moved to my 20G). On a hunch, I took in my water, just to test. Well, the nitrites were at .25ppm, at the LFS...I was a little upset, but no big deal. I decided on geting some LR instead, just to add to my tank. I pulled out one piece and foud a brittle star! I called the LFS (they don't give discounts or anything like that), but I told them I would pay for it the next time I was in there. Anyway, the whole point is sometimes you just need to doublecheck your water/tests....just in case. I ended up putting the brittle in my 55G, I doubt he would have made it in my still cycling tank.

Good catch there . That could have been a bad ending. Cant wait to see the tank up and running.

I special ordered the tank and stand from the woman that sold her store. She pretty much sold it to me for cost. I paid $330 for the tank and about $540ish for the stand. I'll have to get some pics, as soon as I find my digital camera, or buy a new one.....

Rok, what are you using for test kits. I have tested some against each other and have found most to be very unreliable.

All I use now is Sailfert.

I use the API (according to the date, the test kit was put out 10/05). I'll maybe try the Salifert, on my next order. Thankd for the suggestion, Mike!
The bad thing is, I panicked and didn't acclimate the brittle star. I couldn't get him out of the rock, it's about a 23Lbs piece. I am hoping, since I keep my 55G at 1.020 and so does the LFS, that he will be ok...(note to other folks, DO NOT TRY THIS), they should be (and I should have done it myself) acclimated for 2+ hours. I just couldn't get him out. I had just done a PWC as well, so that might have helped. He is hanging out, under his rock, but that particular piece is not on the sand. I winder if he will move to the sand, if he makes it.

Back
Top Bottom