wet dry filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.5150

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey,
I currently have a 30 gal tank that i am planning on remodeling. I am getting a new batch of 25 lbs of medium sized fiji live rock, and new live sand bed. I currently use a sea clone protein skimmer and a whisper power filter. I am thinking about changing to a wet dry filter and I have seen some wet dry filters with built in skimmers, so i was thinking about getting rid of both the seaclone skimmer and whisper power filter and just going with the one wet dry with the skimmer built in. Will this work out good? I have never set up a wet dry filter before, is it hard? Will it fit on the back of my tank? I have one of those plastic truvu tanks. The back of the tank is kind of different from other tanks. What do you guys think? Any suggestions for a good wet dry to go with my 30 gal tank? Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS

Are you wanting to get something like a bakpak, or a wet/dry that goes under the tank? IMO with your particular tank, your best off with a wet/dry under the tank cause you can drill the back for your drain. Most acrylic tanks have a lip that prevents hanging an aftermarket overflow.

I am trying to get any good wet dry filter weather it be hang on or under the tank. The thing is that i only have about a 9 inch opening on the back of my tank...so i am limited to what i can do. i was thinking about one of those amiracle wet dry filters but i'm not sure if it can fit...Any other help is appreciated. THANKS

I checked it out...There doesn't seem to be a skimmer on there...I was kind of looking for one with a built in skimmer so i can get the filtration and skimming all in one. Is there any others that can fit maybe hung on or underneath my 30 gal truvu?

Well I don't know of any but with a wet/dry and a lot of LR and a good sand base you might be able to do without a skimmer ! See what others think if not the AquaC Remora model is very efficient, small and nice tinted plexi and very slimline ! I have one as you see and totally satisfied with it .. My aquarium is in my living room and 3 sided so it had to look good !
have fun !

There are alot of hang on skimmers. Some that would fit for a tank of 30 gal would be a prizm pro or a seaclone 100 or a aquac remora or a backpak2

Back
Top Bottom