Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-10-2003, 06:06 PM   #1
cj10488

Wet/Dry Filter questions

I was loking on ebay and found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2345570645

Does this seem like it would work well for a 55gal??? It seesm to me as it will but before I spend that much money I would like other opinions..

Thanks In Advance,
James
Old 09-10-2003, 07:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

we have the exact same one on our 75gal tank. we had to change the pump siize to the pump that came with our 180 gal wet/dry ( it is the same kind) and the protein skimmer is not a great one, it works half assed. other than than that they work. the reason we had to change the pump sizes is because they over rate the rio. hth

Old 09-10-2003, 07:17 PM   #3
cj10488

Thax again... I was doing some measuring and it seems to not be able to find under the tank as well.. I guess I am going to have to get a HOB protien skimmer as that is what I am really after.. I have very limited space under my tank and wa suprise that i didnt even have that much room..

James
Old 09-11-2003, 03:32 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
Aqua C Remora with a surface skimmer. Get the Maxi Jet powerhead with it instead of the Rio.
Check out the Aqua C Urchin if you want to use a sump.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:47 PM   #5
cj10488

I went ahead and ordered the AquaC Remora lastnight from marinedepot.com and got myself some good quality test kits as well.. Kinda curious as to how far off the redsea marine kits are compared to SEachem and Salifert hehehe.. bTW I as well ordered a RO/DI unit from ebay today as well to assist me in the future of Reefin..

RO585+DI 6-stage 85 gal/day Reverse Osmosis Water
System+DI filter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20755

Thx Again,
James
Old 09-11-2003, 10:08 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
I'd get the surface skimmer for the Remora if you can...it will improve the performance of the skimmer by a large margin.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:58 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Go with the bigger pump for the Remora. An Aqua clear 400 (Hagen) also works, as long as you plug it's venturi valve.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:29 AM   #8
cj10488

I should have went with the maxi jet but I did not.. I went with the aqua c remora and did not add the surface skimmer.. It came with the rio pump... I decided that sice I have spent over 1000.00 in the last month I might as well try and save a bit of money.. MarineDepot said it works great with the rio so thats what i decided on..

James

Tags
dry, filter, wet, wet/dry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com