Wet/Dry System VS Canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on the size of your tank I guess. I don't think wet/drys are practical on a small tank, but on a large one it works well.

I have a canister filter on my 37 gallon, but I will be removing the carbon soon and just using it as a big pump. ( I may put some LR in there for filtration.)

If You are going to use Live Rock, how about just using a sump instead? A sump is pretty much the same thing as a wet/dry filter, except there is no bio-media to collect nitrates. Most people here recommend saving your money and not buying a 300 dollar wet/dry filter. spend 10 bucks and get a big rubbermaid container. works just the same.

Just makes sure your tank has built in overflows because I don't trust the hang-on-back kind. (another reason why I don't have a sump.)

Do you have the tank yet? what size?

by the way, WELCOME TO AQUARIUM ADVICE!!!

:smilecolros:

I'm using a rubbermaind storage container as a sump/fuge.... just added some substrate, LR, and macro algae........ working well so far........

Comfort,
Can you please lead me in the right direction (possibly a web page) that describes the entire process of using Storage containers as a sump. I would really like to read up on how hook everything up! Please!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom