What a deal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumphead

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I made a purchase today and feel like I stole candy from a baby. Below are a few pics. I got a 125G with a great stand, a 46G bow front with stand, 150+ lbs of LR (mixed types but nice), a mandarin goby, a red tailed dragonette, a firefish, about 20 turbos, and about 20 red and blue legged hermits, and a chocolate chip star.

I am not smart enough to post a pic then comment and post another so here it goes: I didn't save anough water to cover all the live rock which is being held in the 46 until my sump is ready on my 72 bow, which is where it is all going. I had to ruch back out after getting it all home and buy premixed so i could cover all the rock. I've already had the hermits battle for shells and seen the mandarin eat. The firefish and dragon effectively dissapeared after release into the rock jungle and haven't been seen since. OH I led there's the dragon now. :D There seemed to be quite a bit of life on the rock especially coming from a FO tank. There are a couple of things i can't ID yet and even a few tiny little feather dusters here and there.

I will more than likey sel the tanks as my wife has threated to kill me! :( Unless i can tank her into keeping at least one of em'. Thoughts?

instead of quick-reply, click the "post a reply" link at the bottom of the page.

Wow! Christmas came early at your house!

I like the mandarin! You have to keep him! If you have to choose between tanks, keep the 125 gallon. That stand is beautiful! Is it oak?

No, it's actually paneled, but looks great and very sturdy (2x6s). I'll print all the the pro 125 talk and show it to my wife, maybe that'll convince her! :D

Great deal man im jealous :mrgreen: Just be careful with the mandarin they love pods so you better have a rockin fuge soon for him :)

its short for refugium. A tank or hang on back setup that lets you grow macroalgae and things like copepodes that mandarins like to eat. Basically short for refuge where animals can grow w/o being eaten in the main tank.

in addition a refugium is used for other purposes as well. The macro algea eats and grows from excessive nutrients in the water therefore reducing food for nuisance algea. Also with additional substrate such as mineral mud or a DSB it not only increases your biological filtration capacity it also adds trace elements back into the water. HTH.

R-

Back
Top Bottom