what a night...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought the proper bulkhead for my aquarium yesterday. It turns out the opening for the bulkhead was 1 3/8" rather than 3/4". I had drilled my tank for the size of the PVC rather than the bulkhead. I did not know that the bulkhead would be larger.

So, I had to remove all my rock, sand and livestock to my sump and a holding tank. Then I had to re-drill my tank to fit the new bulkhead.

Once I was done, I moved everything back. My red sea star did not make it, and I believe that in the commotion, my condylactis anemone ate my cleaner shrimp (it spit out a claw this morning). I think my cleaner shrimp wasn't going to make it anyway, as i had quite a fit getting him out of the sump and back into the tank, and he squished himself into the pump manifold. He swam away when i put him in the tank, but i never saw him again, except the claw expelled from my anemone this morning.

My 6 line wrasse has gone into hiding in a rock and will not come out. My Zoanthids won't open nor will my xenia. My leather coral is ejecting slime.

Will my tank recover from the trauma? How do I know when a coral is dead and needs to be removed?

sorry to hear about all of that. dont get rid of your coral unless they are decaying and breaking apart. the zoos will reopen in a few days most likely. same with the xenia. leathers are very tempermental coral. they will slough off or shed a layer when tramatized. give some time. it may take a week or two

steve

Thanks steve r. I am a bit worried. But my fish and stuff seems to be ok so far.
I treated them today to some real, fresh natural sea water, hoping they would cheer up. I live (and always have, I am a Bahamaian native) on the ocean, so getting the real, good stuff isn't too difficult (I just have to go outside). I live in Florida now, but the ocean is still close.

I ran the natural sea water over a coffee filter before introducing it to the tank. It is still relatively new (the aquarium), as am I to saltwater aquaria.

I just recently moved to Florida, and the ocean is a bit more rocky here than it was at home. I am staying with my sister now, who is also an enthusiast. You should see our home. It is fish tank after fish tank.

Back
Top Bottom