Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-09-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
What about a fluidized filter...

I read about using a fluidized sand bed filter, minus the sand, for charcoal and ROWaPhos. What does anyone think about this?

At first I thought it would guarantee more flow directly over the media, but I am not sure.

Hook'em Horns!
MadManMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 11:33 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
coincidentally, I just started using an old Red Sea fluidized bed filter for carbon on the 120 I'm cycling. I have it in one of my sump compartments, and it seems to work fine. I'm using fairly small grain size Marineland carbon, and relatively low flow. The only drawback is that the carbon grains seem to grind together and produce a fine carbon dust that collects in my prefilter pads in the sump. No sign of the dust it in the main tank yet.
Davidfrances is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off