What about the small stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would definately go with a therometer as a lot of heaters are not real accurate. I would also make sure you have at least one size net and an algae scrap or magnet would be helpful depending if you have a glass or acrylic tank.

therometer i like are the floating kind. Put it in your sump and let it just float around. The stickon kind are somwhat accurate but they pickup the temp of the glass more than the acutal water inside.

algae scrapers are good aswell as a few different size nets. Alage clips, test kits, hydromoter or refractomoter.

Make sure you have siphons for draining the tank, Many small buckets and stuff for mixing and preparing your water. probably even a garbage can. I used a 15g can for a 45 g tank. Cost me 3.50$ i think @ target. I would recommend going through a catalog from a large retailer and writing down those little things you always forget. If you want Check out my site I got these cool things for testing water. www.myaquarium.net . also WHen it comes to test kits. GO Salifert. I have red sea and im ready to throw it out the window. My old Doc wellfish dry tab is more accurate. :)

Good Luck!

ok ordered two more heaters for mix and evaporation water, net, tongs, 500 gph mag drive for refuge, 2-4inche icecap variable smart fans for lights, large mag float algae scraper

i already have salifert test kits want a refractometer but the are out of the one i want. and i have thermometers.

Back
Top Bottom