What algea is this? Is it algea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Let me know what you think this is.
Thanks

Attachments

• p5110051_188.jpg
    p5110051_188.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 33
Ohhhhh yes, the dreaded green hair algae. It is a pain and normally a product of excess nutrients in the water, most commonly PO4. The best way to get rid of it is by manual removal. Take the rock out of the water and srub it off and rinse it in SW before putting it back. Test for PO4, evaluate your water source, feeding technique and schedule. These all contribute. Take care of it now or it will become a much bigger problem.

Lando
I have been removing the rocks every 3-4 weeks and scrubbing them with a toothbrush. It comes right back. I have little or no PO4 levels. I have an RODI unit with 2 DI's, fuge, phosban reactor and skimmer. Im beginning to wonder if my skimmer isnt 100%. Its an Aqua C Remora that I have had for 2 years now. It produces a lot for sure.
ALso when you say rinse with SW do you mean fresh stuff or water out of the tank?
Also this has been going on for 9-10 months.

how offten do you change your bulbs in your lighting thats somethin to look at also

I didn’t see any mention of a clean up crew in your “my info” button. Do you have any hermits/snails and if so what type and how many?

All

-I have 5 turbos and about 15 red and blue legs. I have a sally lightfoot, tuxedo urchin. Also have a starfish. Had about 150 nassarai snails but think a lot of them have died due to lack of food. (also NONE of the snails or hermits touch the stuff). Also have 3 emerald crabs and they hardly touch the stuff either.
-only have 3 fish - regal tang - 3 inches long, clown and a damsel.
-Bulbs were changed back in late Dec.
-1 Skimmer (Aqua C Remora Pro Urchin)
-30 gallon fuge with macro in it.
-1 phosban reactor
-Use RODI water. Have 2 DI filter setup.
-feed every 2-3 days. Put nori clip in each evening and all 3 fish eat off of this.
-175 lbs of LR
-Been up and running for 3 years.
-do weekly water changes of 25-30 gallons. (tank is 100 gallon with 40 gallon sump but only 30 gallons if that of water)
-Temp is around 80
-0 nitrates and PO4 is trace or 0.
-chemicals I use is ESV B Ionic CA and AK additive
-6 powerheads inside the tank as well as the mag 12 that I use for my return (water movement)
I cant think of anything else that could be of use. I have posted this many times and no one seems to have the answer. been batteling this for 9-10 months now. Thinking of using an additive I ran across the other day - TLC SAT for algea control. Posted this product and no response on that either.

Back
Top Bottom