What an awesome feeling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrennanX

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am probably months away from getting my system set up, but even looking online at this forum, reading all these books on the subject, going to the FS looking at "what soon might be" - everything just makes me feel so good, and I dont even have a tank yet!

Keep reading and researching about what you plan to do/keep. and things will be much more easy than going in without preparation. You will have much more time to enjoy your tank, instead of having headcahes and wanting to give up.

You should be an example for everyone getting into this hobby. You are reading and researching BEFORE you get a tank of your own.

Congrats!! :mrgreen:

Reading about what you should do with your tank is half the fun!

yeah, i think i read up for about 6 - 9 months before i had my tank set up. and then i took about 3 months to get the clean up crew and the first fish...

all that research really made the process a lot smoother, and i think i have made less mistakes than i would have made had i jumped right into it and started fast.

good luck!!

~mike

nah, just go out and buy a goldfish bowl some salt and a couple of powder blue tangs and get your feet wet...

Disclaimer: I'M JUST KIDDING :lol:

Seriously, take it from someone that went from a freshwater tank to salt on the fly. Take your time and do it right. Good luck...

I wish you the best luck with your tank. As they said, you're driving down a good road right now by learning everything you can before you jump into it. It will save you quite a bit of money, than trying to correct all the mistakes. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom