What anemone best suites a clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonathan G.

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am setting up a tank and i was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions or advice as to which anemone would best suite a clownfish.

How long has your tank been setup for? I've been running for 2.5 months now and am still a little shy of putting an anemone in the tank. I'm under the impression that they aren't very tolerant of water quality issues.

roses have a super weak sting so any of them can hop in one

My tank is only 2 months old and am planning on adding a RBTA(rose bubble tip anemone). I do however plan on waiting another 3 or 4 months to get 100% stabilized. JMHO

i plan on just getting one or a pair of ocellaris clown fish. I haven't yet set one up my tank yet but i am getting it tomorrow, 75 gl. Im just wondering for future referrence that if you keep a pair do you need to have two anemones?

If you get tank raised Ocellaris clowns, they might just look at the anemone and not know what to do with it. Some tank raised get the idea though. Although they don't even have to have a host anemone.

Back
Top Bottom