What anemone requires the least amount of lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomas21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just curious what anemone requires the least amount of lighting?

What size tank do you have now? What type of lighting do you have? Even some of the Low-light anenomes require about 3.5-4 watts/gal. of at least PC lighting...Lando

Tank Specs

lando said:
What size tank do you have now? What type of lighting do you have? Even some of the Low-light anenomes require about 3.5-4 watts/gal. of at least PC lighting...Lando

55 gal Show tank
40 w Coralife 50/50

If you are wondering about an anenome for the 50 gal. show tank, you will need a lot more lighting to keep one. You will need at least another 200 watts to keep something like a bulb tip enenome. Keep in mind that show tanks are generally deeper then standard tanks. This too will cause problems as you will need more wattage (preferablly coming from MH) to penetrate to the bottom of the tank. HTH...Lando

You would need about 200w before considering something like a BTA.. and a lot more for most other anemones.

Thanks for the input.. I'll just stick to FOWLR until I hook up my PC setup again.

Back
Top Bottom