What angel should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krista

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,
I have been reefing for about a year now, and I am sad to say that it looks like my very first fish will have to go back to the store. My Coral Beauty started munching on my newest aquisition, a beautiful tri-coloured Symphilia, and since then, has also been nipping at my Toadstool and other corals in the tank. Have never had a problem with her in the past, but it looks like she is no longer reef safe. Is it true that once they get a taste for corals they will always want to eat them, or is this a phase? It is sad, because as I said, she is my first fish, and survived a major tank crash in the summer, so I have a soft spot for her.
My questions are: Should I get rid of her, or will she cool it with eating the corals? If I get rid of her, what other angel fish would be suitable for a 90 gallon tank? Of course I'd love to have an Emperor, but I hear you need upwards of a 200 gallon for one of those to do well. In my 90 gallon, I also have a purple firefish, two ocellaris clownfish, a midas blenny, a marine beta, a fairy wrasse, a watchman gobby, and a yellow tang (that is 8 fish plus the angel that would be going back). I should also mension that it wouldn't have to be an angel, any cool fish suggestions that would do well in this size tank with these tankmates would be greatly appreciated. I have also been thinking about adding another tang, but I don't want the tang police after me, so suggest one that would work in this tank only (considering I already have a yellow).
Thanks!

Ya, they are nice too, but I was thinking of something a bit more interesting.

I have a sailfin tang that I'm trying to get rid of. It is an awesome fish. Its white and black striped body with big yellow fins. Its about 1 1/2" long and should be fine in your tank

Are you sure a Sailfin is ok in a 90 gallon tank? I heard they get big!

Thanks, that's what I thought. What about whether or not you think my angel will return to being reef safe?

I wouldn't count on that happening . Probably would be best to return him and get something reef safe.

Beautiful! Might get to big for my tank, it is rated for a 125. I will look into it, thanks.

Oh following along on this one. Love that Lamarck's Angelfish.... I too have been wanting an Angelfish for my tank as well. Thanks for the heads up are there anymore out there that are "Reef Safe"?
Also easy to take care of as well. Hardy type

Back
Top Bottom