What are easy non aggressive reef fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jah4good

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! So I have a new 90 gallon tank I just started and have plans for it to become a reef tank. I have done lots of research on corals but I need advice on which and in what order I should add easy and hardy reef safe fish. Should I go non aggressive first to avoid too much territory problems? Who are they? I'm in no hurry to stock my tank and currently only have 3 turbos to make sure they make it before I add any other clean up crew. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

I would want to start with one of the small tangs, a tomini, bristletooth, or a kole.
You could then move on to find an anthias that would work well in your tank, maybe a cardinal of some sort.
What are you looking for in terms of fish?

I'm not dead set on any because I want to make sure they get along but here are a few I would like: coral beauty, a tangerine-striped goby or clown goby, a pair of Picasso clowns, gramma, fairy wrasse (I need a lid first), and a long nose hawk fish

Oh, and a yellow or purple tang, unless the purple is too large for my 90 gal

Well, that list is good with the exception of the yellow/purple tang. Those guys need 6ft tanks. Check out the bristletooth, tomini, and kole tangs. They would be a great fit for a 90 gallon.

Tangs are just the beginning. Bennies, wrasses, fire fish, chromis, clowns are all fine for a 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Very cool, thanks everyone. I'll look into those. I appreciate it!

I have 2 yellow tangs. I wish I had gone for the Tomini :D. I love the yellows but they do need a good amount of swimming space.

I only have a 14g but have gone for peaceful stocking...red fire fish, 2 neon gobies and a blackline blenny. I'm not as familiar with the larger fish and if these would work with them but I really like all of mine.
Firefish and a neon goby

Blackline blenny - this one is still a baby.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I only have a 14g but have gone for peaceful stocking...red fire fish, 2 neon gobies and a blackline blenny. I'm not as familiar with the larger fish and if these would work with them but I really like all of mine.
Firefish and a neon goby

Blackline blenny - this one is still a baby.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
They are beautiful! Thanks for the advise [emoji1] [emoji225]

I have 2 yellow tangs. I wish I had gone for the Tomini :D. I love the yellows but they do need a good amount of swimming space.
That's for the help! I'm not familiar with the tomini, I'll check it out. How big is your tank? In gal if possible

Back
Top Bottom