Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

nano

when i had my 29 jbj up and running i had a beautiful torch for a center piece and for fish a fire goby ,couple clowns,and a sixline wrasse.because it was covered it worked i have lost fish from the wrasse family in open tanks.personally i think a coral beauty is a poor choice for a nano watching mine explore his 180 gal.just seems to little room.jmo.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken rooke
when i had my 29 jbj up and running i had a beautiful torch for a center piece and for fish a fire goby ,couple clowns,and a sixline wrasse.because it was covered it worked i have lost fish from the wrasse family in open tanks.personally i think a coral beauty is a poor choice for a nano watching mine explore his 180 gal.just seems to little room.jmo.
I agree, after watching my coral beauty I think my 40 gallon was to small, they use every inch of swimming space.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanku for the advice.. is the sixline wrasse reef safe and I heard they pick on all the crabs and stuff is that true?
Old 09-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I had a six line wrasse and added him last, they are semi-agressive. From what I have read they can be terrors in smaller tanks. (I had one for a while until we had a heat wave when I wasn't home and the aquarium got to warm.)
Old 09-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a sixline in my 54 and he does fantastic. I thought he was nipping at my favia the other day, but now I think he was just smelling it. LOL
Old 09-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmaguirre View Post
Thanku for the advice.. is the sixline wrasse reef safe and I heard they pick on all the crabs and stuff is that true?
after i shut down the nano i put mine in the 180 and was worried he might jump out as i have lost wrasse,s before with being uncovered.anyway with all the room he has to explore his is quite content and exhibits exemplary behavior.leaves the crabs,corals everything alone.in the cube he was a terrorist.live and learn.more room as always lessens agression.

Tags
bio, biocube, coral, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com