What Are Good Gobies to Get ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adnoh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My sand bed is getting a little green/brown and i want to get a goby that can clean the bed well w/o being too distructive. Any suggestions??

I have a goby that has a yellow head with a long white body. Don't know his name but I've seen them in every fish store I've been in.

He spends his day grabbing sand off the bottom and sifting through his gills, needless to say the sand is spotless.

Some if my rock looks like its been snowed on due to him swimming around while sifting sand. Atttached is a picture of him.

Thats a nice tank you got there. That looks to be good goby for me. The only goby my lfs has are orange spotted gobies at about 6 inches each, to big for me.

most definitely.
There bio is also correct. Likes to dig. Once the lights go out he's gone into his hole.

adnoh said:
Thats a nice tank you got there. That looks to be good goby for me. The only goby my lfs has are orange spotted gobies at about 6 inches each, to big for me.

edited becuase im a moron...

my red banded goby is only ~1.5 inches... and shouldnt get any bigger.

~mike

Not sure if its the recommended depth but mines about 3 inches on average.

I'm thinking of getting the Sleeper Gold Head Goby - Valenciennea strigata. However liveaquaria lists its care level at difficult and Marine depot lists it as low maintainence, which one is true. If the Gold head is difficult, then i'll get the orange spotted goby.

not sure how hard it is to keep.

Dude at the lfs who seems to know his stuff told me that he is low maintance.

I've had mine for about 4 months and he does just fine.

I have 2 psyco damsiels and they tried him and he's more than able to handle himself. Now has the run of the tank.

My two orange spotted gobies jumped ship. I love my dragon and pink spotted gobies

I was just at the LFS in the market for some sort of sand-sifting fish actually. I saw that fish and a Diamond Watchman Goby and i was pretty impressed with both of them. Granted I was watching them in a LFS... but they were both pretty active in filtering the sand. I decided that im gonna go with the Diamond watchman (waiting till the store gets in some juvis) but they are both good options in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom