What are some things you did that made your aquarium thrive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dylan p

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I recently down sized from my 44 gallon aquarium to a bio cube 8 to make it easier to move around. I'm doing laminate flooring threw out my house. Anyway I'm going to be setting it back up within the next couple weeks. For the most part I haven't had any major problems in my aquarium and I've had it up and running for over 2 years now. I'm looking for any advice. It's hard to be specific because I really don't know what advice I'm looking for. I've noticed a lot of the people on this forum have been doing reef aquariums for over 10 years so any advice at all to make for a successful reef aquarium would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Any advice?

What are some things you did that made your aquarium thrive?

Frequent and regular water changes.

A lot of people say 20% or so every couple of weeks. I have been successful with my reef systems doing large biweekly water changes. I'm consistent with cleaning my skimmer and changing any filter media I use out. I use RODI water and I make sure those filters are changed as needed. I use IO Reef Crystals salt mix and have for years with great results. The salt debate is touchy so what ever you use is up to you.

The important thing is to keep your system balanced and be consistent with your upkeep.

Back
Top Bottom