What are the odd that I'll get Aiptasia Anemones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It may be even more than that. :) But Joe's is awesome. Peppermint shrimp are a good, more natural way to get rid of them, but mine didn't have much luck removing the aiptasia. Joes did it in seconds.

-j

If you buy your rock from liverocks.com I'd have to say 99.9%, but the rock makes it worth it. I have 180 to 220 lbs in my 150 and my pep's have decimated the aptaisa population. :mrgreen:

I agree...odds are, you'll get aiptasias. They aren't so terrible if you control them. It's really difficult to totally eradicate them from a tank...they just keep coming back. I would keep some Joes Juice on hand and add a good population of peppermint shrimp to the tank. As long as you keep the aip population under control, they won't cause you any problems.

I'd give it some time...I have a 180 that has been set up for over a year and has just started to develop aiptasias. Nothing new has been introduced to the tank in a long time.

I just feed them a little kalk and it takes care of them
every tank that I have had always seemed to have a couple

Never ahd any tillI got liverocks.com LR. Not many yet. My try at using kalk didn't work, so I'm getting some Joe's Juice at the lfs.

I've had my LR.com LR for 5 months and so far not a single Aiptsia.

I did get one on a piece of Star Polyps that I tried killing with Kalk only to see
it reappear again and again.

Ordered Joes Juice and it's history.

Joes Juice looks just like Kalk water and probably is but I'll tell you for sure it works.

remember aptasia can come in on other things besides live rock as well, such as snail shells, rock coral is mounted to, and the hard skeleton of LPS corals

Just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom