Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What are the primary companies manufacturing tanks?

I'm wondering who are the leading manufacturers of aquarium tanks are. Has anybody contacted these folks directly for a tank?

I know there's an outfit in Long Beach, CA, near where I live. Any leads are appreciated.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:34 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I use AGA (All Glass Aquariums) but know people that use Oceanic as well.

I have no experience with Acrylic, so I will defer that.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:40 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

On larger, more professional tanks -- it is definitely preferred to situate yourself with an Oceanic. They manufacture their tanks with the thickest, sturdiest glass on the market. Plus, most are already drilled. But of course, with a name comes a price tag. I saw a 210g for $2100 at a LFS.. with the proper connections, my stepfather got a direct pricing of a 220g for $689 with stand.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wow, schoeplein, that's a good deal on the 220. So far, I found a 120 with stand at $540.
runway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:53 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

DOesnt all glass own oceanic? so the tanks area really made by the same company?

I have oceanic, I know people who have gotten the new all glass with the mega flow and like but hate it, they say it is hard to clean but you get good flow..
I have also seen the price difference, and noticed oceanis have the mega flow also now, least from what I saw at my LFS.

I also prefer oceanie because the brace in the middle is glass, on a all glass it is plastic, on bigger tanks I see the braces falling because of the top/light whatever weight.

I am getting a new tank and sticking with oceanic though, better quality with what was said above, thicker glass ect..

hope that helps some
Old 05-16-2005, 05:43 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Heh, we were going for this 700g with 1000lbs of LR and 500lbs of LS for $1200.. but some other guy in his local vacinity offered slightly more. Bah. Oh well.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Doesnt all glass own oceanic? so the tanks area really made by the same company?
All-Glass and Oceanic merged a few years ago. They still maintain their separate identities. It was done mostly to help each other (especially Oceanic) reach a broader customer base.

Tags
rim, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com