What are the primary companies manufacturing tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm wondering who are the leading manufacturers of aquarium tanks are. Has anybody contacted these folks directly for a tank?

I know there's an outfit in Long Beach, CA, near where I live. Any leads are appreciated.

I use AGA (All Glass Aquariums) but know people that use Oceanic as well.

I have no experience with Acrylic, so I will defer that.

On larger, more professional tanks -- it is definitely preferred to situate yourself with an Oceanic. They manufacture their tanks with the thickest, sturdiest glass on the market. Plus, most are already drilled. But of course, with a name comes a price tag. I saw a 210g for $2100 at a LFS.. with the proper connections, my stepfather got a direct pricing of a 220g for $689 with stand.

Wow, schoeplein, that's a good deal on the 220. So far, I found a 120 with stand at $540.

DOesnt all glass own oceanic? so the tanks area really made by the same company?

I have oceanic, I know people who have gotten the new all glass with the mega flow and like but hate it, they say it is hard to clean but you get good flow..
I have also seen the price difference, and noticed oceanis have the mega flow also now, least from what I saw at my LFS.

I also prefer oceanie because the brace in the middle is glass, on a all glass it is plastic, on bigger tanks I see the braces falling because of the top/light whatever weight.

I am getting a new tank and sticking with oceanic though, better quality with what was said above, thicker glass ect..

hope that helps some

Heh, we were going for this 700g with 1000lbs of LR and 500lbs of LS for $1200.. but some other guy in his local vacinity offered slightly more. Bah. Oh well. :)

Doesnt all glass own oceanic? so the tanks area really made by the same company?

All-Glass and Oceanic merged a few years ago. They still maintain their separate identities. It was done mostly to help each other (especially Oceanic) reach a broader customer base.

Back
Top Bottom