Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-24-2006, 09:30 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
My yellow tang follow me back and forth and then is always in the way when I am looking at something in the tank. My clow is skittish but will eat out of my hand but won't let me tough her. My bicolor is a regular riot. he will stare at me for awhile then pop out of his whole flash his behind and then turn to stare at me again as if he were trying to tell me something . My Mandarin does little dances on the front glass when I am in front of the tank and then swims away. She's so cute, I can't pick a favorite.

angelscrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
I would say my splitlure frogfish (Antennarius striatus) as he starts luring at me for food the moment he sees me, but if the mrs walks near he stops as he knows she won't feed him. He will often get a glimpse of me and come marching out to the front of the tank and follow me around.

andywg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:26 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't know about a favorite but I know the meanest fish I have is my Ocellaris clown. I ran across some posts a long time ago of people telling how mean their clowns were, biting them.... and I thought yea right. Well I'm sorry for thinking that. My clown is on you the second you put a finger in the water, it makes it so hard to do tank tasks cause it scaresthe heck out of you and kinda pinches too. As for pet fish, I cant wait till I do get one. But I have a very favorite fw pet like fish.
ckmn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:33 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via Yahoo to alaher2
My favorite "pet fish" is displayed as my avatar is the Black and White clownfish, everytime he sees me reaching underneath the tank he swims straight to the top of the tank cause he knows its feeding time. He doesn't show the same attention to my sister or my mother, just me. I really love that about him, my mom and sister don't.
alaher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Andywg - that is one freakish looking fish.

My parrotfish is still my "pet" fish. Can't get her out of the way when I'm trying to look at the tank. Pictures are almost impossible because she's right there in front of the camera, getting in almost every shot.
180G build thread

180G All-glass with dual megaflows in a custom stand
AquaC EV-180 skimmer
250 pounds LR
160 pounds aragonite
Custom acrylic sump from GlassCages.com
2xPCX-40 return pumps
2x250MH 14K, 2x175MH 14K - PFO lighting, 2x65W PC
No-name 36W UV
Water General 125GPH RO/DI
Filstar XP3
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My pocupine puffer "buddy" is a riot. He watches for me at the end of the tank and when he sees me he follows me from one end of the tank to the other. When it's feeding time, he will eat out of my hand and if I tease him with a chunk of shrimp, he spits water at me. Also he will raise his head up out of the water to get the food. He's like a little spiny dolphin. ALOT of character.
shifty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:23 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist
well i had to post cause mine fav isnt a fish hes my ghost shrimp WILLY hes the coolest thing in my tank will take food right from my fingers . soon as the lights come on hes like a dog he comes running lol

kickeralpine is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com