What are your best "Pet" fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What's everybody's best pet-like fish?

My princess parrotfish has strangely turned into the most pet-like fish in my tank. He'll watch me when I walk by, I can put my nose right to the glass and come right up to me, and wiggle back and forth, looking me straight in the eyes. He loves the attention so much its hard to photograph the tank, because he's always right in the way.

When I feed the tank, all the other fish scatter when I open the canopy, but he's stays put, with the top of his head poking out of the water.

I'm working on getting him to feed by hand like my cleaner shrimp.

My favorite is my pink spotted goby. He has a great personality and he loves to be photographed.

Attachments

• 000_0252_532.jpg
    000_0252_532.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 22
My lawnmower blenny seems to pose for the camerea to, just like that. Sort of a "Here I am!" thing.

A panther grouper was the most pet like fish I ever owned...came to the surface and you could actually touch him...he now lives in my fathers tank...still alive after 7 years...he is huge, over a foot long, and you can still touch him!

Wow, a watchman that eats from your hand. Mine is pretty skittish. Cool fish but mine is not to that level. I have a 8 yr old percula clown that will eat from my hand and will swim near my face as I stare in at him from the glass.

As for my favorite pet fish, I have to go back to my FO days. I had a porcupine puffer that I kept for almost 2 years. Always knew what was happening in my room and would spit water at you :) He passed on during a freak power outage when I was on vacation. I wish I could find another with his temperment and would also not eat my snails and shrimp :) Cool fish but not invert safe.

I'd definitely say my Watchman Goby. His face has almost a human look to it with the expressions he makes. He definitely won't eat from my hand or anything, but I love him anyways. :)

Attachments

• dynamic_duo_174.jpg
    dynamic_duo_174.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 24
I get a real kick out of watching our pearly jawfish. It pops in and out of it's burrow looking around. Almost like its paranoid. LOL.

By far my fuzzy dwarf lion. most lion I see seem to hide in the rock work, but mine is out all the time.

It follows me from one end of the tank to the other. I swear it purposely drives our golden retriever nuts by coming to the glass for a stare down.

I probably could hand feed, but the whole venom thing has kept me from trying. :)

My yellow tang follow me back and forth and then is always in the way when I am looking at something in the tank. My clow is skittish but will eat out of my hand but won't let me tough her. My bicolor is a regular riot. he will stare at me for awhile then pop out of his whole flash his behind and then turn to stare at me again as if he were trying to tell me something ;-). My Mandarin does little dances on the front glass when I am in front of the tank and then swims away. She's so cute, I can't pick a favorite.

I would say my splitlure frogfish (Antennarius striatus) as he starts luring at me for food the moment he sees me, but if the mrs walks near he stops as he knows she won't feed him. He will often get a glimpse of me and come marching out to the front of the tank and follow me around.

img_737455_0_3a0d8c28efa694b9bdcc05ce7e1559e7.jpg

I don't know about a favorite but I know the meanest fish I have is my Ocellaris clown. I ran across some posts a long time ago of people telling how mean their clowns were, biting them.... and I thought yea right. Well I'm sorry for thinking that. My clown is on you the second you put a finger in the water, it makes it so hard to do tank tasks cause it scaresthe heck out of you and kinda pinches too. As for pet fish, I cant wait till I do get one. But I have a very favorite fw pet like fish.

My favorite "pet fish" is displayed as my avatar is the Black and White clownfish, everytime he sees me reaching underneath the tank he swims straight to the top of the tank cause he knows its feeding time. He doesn't show the same attention to my sister or my mother, just me. I really love that about him, my mom and sister don't.

Andywg - that is one freakish looking fish.

My parrotfish is still my "pet" fish. Can't get her out of the way when I'm trying to look at the tank. Pictures are almost impossible because she's right there in front of the camera, getting in almost every shot.

My pocupine puffer "buddy" is a riot. He watches for me at the end of the tank and when he sees me he follows me from one end of the tank to the other. When it's feeding time, he will eat out of my hand and if I tease him with a chunk of shrimp, he spits water at me. Also he will raise his head up out of the water to get the food. He's like a little spiny dolphin. ALOT of character.

well i had to post cause mine fav isnt a fish hes my ghost shrimp WILLY hes the coolest thing in my tank will take food right from my fingers . soon as the lights come on hes like a dog he comes running lol

Back
Top Bottom