What are your slowest growing corals or ones that don't grow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've noticed in my tank shrooms and monti caps just don't like it. I've had 2 shrooms since I started and in a little under 2 years they've only become 5. Monti caps just don't make it. Everything else does wonderfully. Anyone else have some corals that just don't like their tank?

Mushrooms don't grow in my tank, too much light. Also a blue ribbon grogonian, just a really slow one

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't have a problem with mushrooms, but ricordea's just don't do well for some reason.
But, when it comes to slowest grower, my Montipora Setosa is the slowest grower in my tank.

I don't have a problem with mushrooms, but ricordea's just don't do well for some reason.
But, when it comes to slowest grower, my Montipora Setosa is the slowest grower in my tank.

Yeah I have issues with ricordea too, just all shroom like corals lol. It's so weird how some corals love certain tanks and just will not grow in others systems

My chalice frag is the same size as when I bought it a year ago, it just doesn't grow. Other than that I've found favia the slowest, I've tried twice with favia and neither grew.

Pectinia or any open large polyp like brain coral. As I run my system now to try to favor my SPS, many of my soft corals are fading.

In my 29 biocube with stock lights, my Ricordea has spread rapidly, my mushrooms are doing really well too, but my Zoas are they same as when I put them in about 2.5 moths ago.
I have my shroom type corals under some partial shade about the middle of the tank, all are spreading and doing great.
My Torch is doing the best also, it is beautiful. I've had some closing GSP lately, though :/

Let the gsp die haha, I hate hate that coral...on shrooms I don't think they do well in my tank because of to much light. No shade for them :(

My tank has been mixed. Some Zoas have doubled in numbers since January and others look basically the same. My green Monti Cap is growing a lot lately, but my Jedi Mind Trick has done nothing. None of my mushrooms (Ricordia, St. Thomas, etc) have split. One of my favias has not grown, but the other went from looking pretty bad when I got it, to looking brilliant now, with a little growth. My hammer is probably 25% larger in three months.

The slowest grower I ever kept was a Psammocora. It grew, just very slowly. It always had great color and looked healthy, I think that's just the way that coral is. My lobo was a slow grower too.

Back
Top Bottom