what brand of lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr.Nate

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know there are a lot of threads on here about brands of lighting, but I just wanted some recent first hand experience if at all possible. I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to metal halide, and of course, I'm value shopping. So, my question is, which brand out of these three: Jebo, Current USA, or Odyssea?

Personal experience is best, but heresay will do also!

I currently Coralife PC's and are very happy with them, but Coralife's MH are expensive.

Also, I'm not a DIYer, so that's out of the question.

Thanks!

How important is looks? Hara turned me onto buying a retrofit kit and just not making a box around it. Got the whole kit (150 watt) including reflector, electronic ballast, bulb, wiring kit for $150, not including shipping. Then just mount the ballast, buy some wire and hang it from the ceiling. Just an idea, otherwise I couldn't tell ya anything about the brands, sorry. :)

I have used an Odyssea CF/MH unit for over a year now an am happy with it. Not too bad for the price.

Retro kits will definately save some money. I started out with a 4x55 Jebo I bought off Ebay. Never had any problems with it. Never had to replace the bulbs though as I sold it a year later.

Yeah, I don't think retrofit is for me, but I know it would be cheaper. Thanks for the input. Any other brands people have used other than Odyssea?

Back
Top Bottom