What brand to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TmeLrd11

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been using Kent Marine Calcium, Essential Elements, and Instant Ocean salt. I am going to switch to Instant Ocean reef Crystals. Are these good brands to use?

IO is a great brand. Since you're switching to a reef salt, odds are you may not have to dose Calcium anymore.

A lot of people like Reef Crystals I tried and didn't like it. It does have the highest amount of phosphate of any salt. I was having an algea issue so I stopped using it. Been using Red Sea Coral Pro ever since. Depending on your corals you may need to still add calcium, just makes sure it stays around 420

Ive never had a problem with reef crystals or regular instant ocean. But its whatever works best for you.

Reef crystals has higher calcium and you will get around 460ppm at 35ppt ive used it for years just let it mix properly and ive never had a problem.

We have been using the tropic Marin pro reef for a while and have had no issues. Dissolves clean with no "snow" at the bottom. A bit pricey, but worth it IMO I am going to try to bio a to. Next time. Just to see if their is a difference. Our Lfs price matches, so we can save on the time and hassle of online ordering with it.

Back
Top Bottom