What can i feed to baby clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KrazyMuncher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What could I feed to newborn clownfishes? I am thinking of breeding mine but I am interested in what I could feed them if I ever did decide to breed them. Online it says to feed them live rotifers, can you feed them frozen rotifers? and also can you feed them coral food(such as zooplankton)?

I can't answer to the exact question, but check out Cobalt frozen Coral Food. Has "Rotifers, Cyclops, and Spirulina" says they are blended and are dood for the corals, I think would be helpful to feed baby fish. Also Hikari has good frozen products.
www.cobaltaquatics.com/products/frozen-coral-food-cubes?variant=33244502154

Baby FW shrimp food might be good too as long as the babies do not have to have live food all the time.
Shirakura baby shrimp food is a fine powder.

Sounds like an exciting project to look forward to.

So pretty sure clownfish fry start with rotifers(live) then advance to brine shrimp(live) they need to be a bit bigger before they'll eat frozen food. You'll also need another tank because the parents can sometimes eat their young. Second tank can't have powerful filtration, just air stones and frequent water changes. Do your reading before you commit, it looks like a lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom