What comes out in the dark..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HairlessPotter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After finding a couple mini brittle stars I decided to see what else i could find at night. I waited till lights had been out for a while then fed cyclopeeze, waited 20 seconds and turned off all pumps. I was surprised how much life I saw! Probably about 10 brittle stars (one was bigger then the rest and seemed much less transparent looking, probably about 2-2 1/2 in.), TONS of redish colored pods, a ton of itty bitty snails, a small bristle worm, and on the sand bed saw a few things that looked like large grains of sand that were moving around. It was pretty cool seeing how much life is actually in there, its like everything was just moving everywhere I looked. I encourage others to try this and post any interesting things you find!

Well my excitement was short lived.. I noticed the bristle worm I saw was pretty bright red and had a couple pairs of white bristles so I decided to look it up. I've seen pictures of bristle worms but mine looked kinda different which is why I looked it up. Im definitely thinking it is a fire worm. I'll try to find it again tomorrow to confirm since I only saw an inch or so of it before my light scared it. Lets say it is a fire worm, could it kill really small fish? I've had a YWG and royal gramma die after having them for a week or so when they seemed to be doing fine. Still never figured out why, maybe this is the reason

Back
Top Bottom