What corals can i get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

canyon15

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20 gal and a coralife 1x65 50/50 pc. My tank is to new for corals now but i want to start researching. What kind of corals can be supported by this light? What kind of lighting would i need to support corals requiring med intensity lighting and high? TIA

Mushrooms, orange sun polyps Zoo`s. Sun polyps will need to be hand fed so I dont know if thats an option or not.

Stick with low light coral and non photosynthetic coral for the amount of lighting you have. You barely have 3 watts per gallon. Most coral do better in 4 wpg or higher. If you can stick on one more 65 watt bulb, your choices would open up greatly. Right now, mushrooms, polyps, sponges, carnations, chilli coral, some species of gorgonias, and some leathers should do fine. Increased water flow and extra target feedings are needed for the non photosynthetic coral like the carnations, gorgonias, and chillis.

I have some mushroom rock and a yellow Gorgonian that are doing very well with 3 WPG of light from a power compact. My tank came with a flourecent reflector and I might somehow hang that on the tank to bring it up a watt, but so far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom