What could I put in a 29g bio cube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was curious what type of fish and corals I could put in one of these... Any ideas?
Thanks

Here are some ideas for fish:
Firefish
Purple Firefish
Yellow Watchman Goby
Clowns
Clown Gobies
etc.

I hope that helps!

I have a 29 freshwater. What kind of fish could I put with some SAE's? I dont have any SAE's but im looking for two

I have a 29 freshwater. What kind of fish could I put with some SAE's? I dont have any SAE's but im looking for two

Hello! You will probably get more replies about your 29 gallon if you post a thread in one of the freshwater forums. :)

redsea said:
Here are some ideas for fish:
Firefish
Purple Firefish
Yellow Watchman Goby
Clowns
Clown Gobies
etc.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply! Are the lights good enough for corals on it? What kind of filtration does it have?

Thanks for the reply! Are the lights good enough for corals on it? What kind of filtration does it have?

I believe that the lights are good enough to keep some lower light corals like Mushrooms, Xenia, and Leathers. :)

Unfortunately, I can't help with the filtration because I don't know much about it. I know that carbon is used though, lol.

redsea said:
I believe that the lights are good enough to keep some lower light corals like Mushrooms, Xenia, and Leathers. :)

Unfortunately, I can't help with the filtration because I don't know much about it. I know that carbon is used though, lol.

Oh. Do I need a protein skimmer?

You should definitely have a protein skimmer. It removes many organic compounds that are too fine for an external filter to catch. Another benefit is that the protein skimmer actually removes these compounds from the water before they break down into nitrates unlike an external filter which will trap particles until they decompose while still in your water circuit. Many systems have been successful using only live rock and a protein skimmer as filtration

What's the difference between the normal biocube and the HQI model?

If your thinking of the HQI version, get the LED one instead. It's more energy efficient and won't burn you everytime you bump into the light.

Normal = softy and LPS only

HQI/LED = everything else (dependant on your rockwork and coral placement of course)

Back
Top Bottom