What Do I Do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thumper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm about to add another 240 pounds of live rock and i have a question about my current inverts. Do I need to remove all that i can or just revamp the tank with them in their. Not Many in their , Any ideas. I certainly dont want to kill them, I'm going to do this while my fish are in QT.

2 shrimp,
5 hermits
8 snails

I'm going to add 160 pounds of live base rock and 80 pounds of keys rock from Liverocks.com This will be added to my 100 current pounds , Does this combo sound ok as well?

If there's a lot of die off (not what I would expect from LR.com, but with this weather who knows) I would think about curing it outside of the tank. If you're curing it in the tank make sure to watch out for an ammo spike and be prepared to do water changes, JIC. Make sure the environment is stable before adding your fish back in. Enjoy. LR.com rock is awesome. You may want to shake it out before putting it into your tank though to get off any mantis or red crabs you run across in the process.

What do you mean "shake it out", Phyl? What else might I find on my live rock from liverocks.com that I don't want?

Well on my LR.com order I got bunches of porcelain crabs (good), a pair of urchins (personal preference, but I like mine), at least 2 pistol shrimp (seem harmless so far), 6-8 red crabs (I don't want these, eating my corals otherwise I probably wouldn't care), a few fuzzy small white crabs with black claw tips (I've heard they're predators and not so great to have around), some star fish, the coolest looking bristle worm, assorted clams...

Were I to do it again, I'd probably inspect more closely and watch what went into my tank better. Getting the crabs back out is a pain in the ... um... neck.

Back
Top Bottom