What do i do???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjara03

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today i was lookin at my rocks and i noticed a bunch of liittle things that looked like aiptasia... what do i do???? Help ME!!!!

i am 98% sure that it is aiptasia... i have had one before on a rock but i took it back to the LFS right away...

You'll find at the bottom of the reply box an area to attach a file from your computer (see attached photo). As long as the file is not to big it will upload fine, if not you may have to resize it on your computer to make it fit the AA parameters.

Edit: Pardon my triple images, the software was not showing an attachment nor do I see an area to delete the two extra

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    23 KB · Views: 185
  • untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    23 KB · Views: 186
  • untitled_135.jpg
    untitled_135.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 183
i cant seem to get a good picture at all i will keep trying thanks alot!!! now i know how to do it... sweet!!

If you think it is aiptasia why dont u invest in some peppermint shrimp.. If the problem turns out not to be aiptasia they'd definately add abit more diversity to your tank..

Or, buy a little container of Joes Juice. That stuff, and the addition of some peppermint shrimp, eliminated my problem.
I wouldn't worry about taking the rock back when there are much easier solutions.

HTH

well the first rock had a bunch of really big ones on it and i freaked out because i didnt know... thanks guys i will look into some peppermint shrimp..

All the aptasia that came in on my live rock way back in March or so died off by itself eventually. I didn't do a thing, nor did I panic. (Please don't, it's not a life-threatening situation!)

dont worry i feel no threat with them... i not worried at all i just like to exagerate things... :wink:

aiptasia, IMO is only bad if it proliferates... you don't know if it will or not yet. Pests aren't pests unless they're annoying you.

that aside, if they become a problem get a syringe from a printer refill kit, walgreens (if possible), or some other source (clean needle programs? :p ) Fill it with hot water or kalkwasser (pickling lime) and inject the little buggers. That is, if the pep. shrimp don't take care of 'em... they only eat the small ones, IME.

-dave-

Back
Top Bottom