What do I do with this macro algae.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weemanpow3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to the LFS and the guy sold me 3/4 of a gallon of macro algae for 1 dollar It was a one day sale. It has tube worms, little shrimp, pods, snails everywhere. Im gonna build a sump in a couple of days. What do I do with the stuff now.

Sounds like cheato. Do you have a QT tank? Last time I actually bought macros, it came with aptasia attached, be careful if adding it right to your main tank. ;)

what should I do with it though. I dont have a qt tank.

You`ll have to keep the bag in your water and change the water every day in the bag.

melosu58 said:
You`ll have to keep the bag in your water and change the water every day in the bag.

Ditto, good advice. Clip it to the side or something to keep it from tipping over and stuff spilling into your tank.

You could just put it in your tank to help out the main tank pod population out a bit. Then when you get your sump up and running just pull it out and put it in.

hey, I don't mean to be a killjoy or anything but GET A QT TANK

You will save yourself a TON of heartache in the long run. Get a $30 wallmart special plastic 5 gallon tank, put some sand or gravel from the main tank in there, just enough to coat the bottom of the thing and some water from the main tank. plug it in, and let it run. You might invest in a small powerhead to move the water arround, but you might not need it if the included pump is good enough. You also could buy one small damsel or something and toss it in too, just to keep the bio-load cycling. You need a QT tank. trust me, when you add a powder brown tang to your main system that comes down with ich a week later and wipes out half your 100 gallon setup, you will wish you had a QT tank.

you could get a $3 suction cup soap dish from walmart, and keep in that, under some flow in the main tank til you get the sump up and runnin.

Back
Top Bottom