Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
That is a freshwater tank. It is in the freshwater build forum.
Ah I just looked at it again and it does say simulated, I thought those corals were real my bad

Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne487 View Post
Ah I just looked at it again and it does say simulated, I thought those corals were real my bad
yeah, i followed his build thread so i knew exactly who you're referring to when you posted the question. it's a great DIY build. did you know that he wrote some apps for his use to control all the equipments in the tank remotely via an Ipad? he's a beast!!!

Old 07-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post

yeah, i followed his build thread so i knew exactly who you're referring to when you posted the question. it's a great DIY build. did you know that he wrote some apps for his use to control all the equipments in the tank remotely via an Ipad? he's a beast!!!
What! No I didn't thats crazy! Absolutely amazing though, I'm hoping to build my own some day when I get a house and settle in properly, the flat I live in just isn't big enough for a custom build. Not what I want anyways lol
Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
What! No I didn't thats crazy! Absolutely amazing though, I'm hoping to build my own some day when I get a house and settle in properly, the flat I live in just isn't big enough for a custom build. Not what I want anyways lol
yeah, he's a software architect or something along those lines. so it's very easy for him
Old 07-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by huizheng1988 View Post
it's funny how i read this thread when i just got a handed down 30gal tank with live sand and some live rock. i would like to know what are some good starter fish i can try. any takers?

ps. i don't have a powerhead or a skimmer. i don't know if i need a powerhead for FOWLR
Gobies, fire fish, and of course clownfish. Go to liveaquaria they give minimum tank size and care level.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:

I'm hoping to get mine sorted by Christmas so it seems a long time away but I want to get the biggest tank I can afford which will allow me better choices in fish and such without having to upgrade at a later stage.

Not sure if there is already a thread for this but I must have missed it if there is, I've only been a member here since yesterday lol. Good luck with yours chance hope to see pictures as soon as its set up
Christmas is my deadline too
Old 07-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tategrant View Post

Christmas is my deadline too
I think I might wait till I can afford to spend a couple of grand on the tank equipment and fish and do it right rather than buying abit at a time and it not being what I want

The Mrs. Will kill me for spending so much but she'll love it when it gets some nice colourful fish in it
Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:

I think I might wait till I can afford to spend a couple of grand on the tank equipment and fish and do it right rather than buying abit at a time and it not being what I want

The Mrs. Will kill me for spending so much but she'll love it when it gets some nice colourful fish in it
Haha I feel ya
Old 07-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Regular

I would keep your eye on Craigslist. You never know when a great deal on an entire setup will show up. Last year I stumbled across an entire 120 setup. Tank, lights, stand, 300 lbs of live rock, sump, return pump, fish and coral all for $600. I was the 2nd person to call about it and I bought it the next day. The tank alone brand new would have cost me more than that.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester1026 View Post
I would keep your eye on Craigslist. You never know when a great deal on an entire setup will show up. Last year I stumbled across an entire 120 setup. Tank, lights, stand, 300 lbs of live rock, sump, return pump, fish and coral all for $600. I was the 2nd person to call about it and I bought it the next day. The tank alone brand new would have cost me more than that.
Yeah I got a 90 gallon drilled with protein skimmer and wet dry filter and a whole lot of just stuff he had in the tank like 2 heaters 2 working powerheads etc and it was only $200

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com