what do u guys think? (aquarium background)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

match55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was doing a cover up for my DIY stand this morning and came out with a piece of card board that fit right on my aquarium background, so I went to get my art tools and decided to paint my own tank BG.
what do you guys think?
suggestions are welcome, cuz I can always do changes on my painting XD

the reason I paint on the back side of the card board is that my tank is on beside the wall, so I will still be able to see the ugly side of the card board on the back of my tank if I didn't paint it this way.

img_1037800_0_5527334ac9cb001aba339b6187f12946.jpg
img_1037800_1_5d035787c1c4afd20dbd79609dc123f4.jpg
img_1037800_2_5f7e594f2adbcba0f63ffb8eab9d565f.jpg

I really like the idea. I don't know why that never occurred to me before.

I'd like to see how it looks on to see if the cardboard texture is still noticeable, that's the only thing that bothers me. I might try the same with illustration board.

I really like the idea. I don't know why that never occurred to me before.

I'd like to see how it looks on to see if the cardboard texture is still noticeable, that's the only thing that bothers me. I might try the same with illustration board.

it should be fine after I put it on the back, I will post a picture once the board its dry, and if the texture is noticeable, I might redo it on illustration board too. haha

I don't think its noticeable, just that I might need to make the top part a little bit lighter, cuz can't really tell the different between the bottom and the top.

update:
lighter color will show the texture of the cardboard, so will get illustration board tmr.

with white light
img_1037805_0_d8c93f4c847f6b9d705a3aff6845ed52.jpg

with the backlight changed to blue.
img_1037805_1_d1070f64c184b2a47ea802e49492b280.jpg

love the color blending of the blue. shows that instead of going to the store and buying something, all you have to do is put intellectuality to work and you've got yourself some saved cash. :) cant wait to see it on the tank.
Beautiful setup btw ;)

Looks cool. Why the PVC tubing in the tank in the corners and the lone piece in the front middle?

ops I misunderstood which PVC u were talking about, the one in the bottom front, I was just hoping my clowns will use it as a home in the future LOL

thanks guys for the comment, since I don't wanna spend more money, I might just change to a different color, cuz the one that I did right now its too dark.
and too light will show the cardboard texture, so I am thinking a way/color that able to cover the texture yet light enough to be able to see on the back.

to troshs
it will be more $$$ if I don't have those used aryclic paint left couple years ago,those paint r $$$$ XP

I directed the return pump line (that PVC) to the front, cuz at the back I have the hydra 2 powerhead pointing 45degree upward to creat wave.
I am still experiencing how I want the flow to go.

thanks guys for the comment, since I don't wanna spend more money, I might just change to a different color, cuz the one that I did right now its too dark.
and too light will show the cardboard texture, so I am thinking a way/color that able to cover the texture yet light enough to be able to see on the back.

to troshs
it will be more $$$ if I don't have those used aryclic paint left couple years ago,those paint r $$$$ XP

ah i see. my mom used to buy those all the time to do ceramics. the color quality is worth every cent though :)

ah i see. my mom used to buy those all the time to do ceramics. the color quality is worth every cent though :)

yupyup~ I m glad they r still useable after like 3~4 years.
I have a up coming art class next semester that need to use them again LOL

I think I might add a little something on the background so it won't just be blue and dark blue hehe

this marine blue shows up better than the gray blue I have earlier, and I added a red fan (I know its bad, but..anyway XD)

img_1037936_0_c87320d1fab41c333705c1678dd12e6b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom