what do u think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swiftysfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am debating on putting mantis shrimp or pipefish in my refugium. It is about 12 gallons, just seeing if a good idea or not.

I don't think mantis are ever a good idea. They van destroy an environment and the arm they have is like a 22 caliber going off, that being said they can punch right through an aquarium wall, so I've been told

I agree that a mantis is a bad idea in your fuge, but my reasoning is more geared towards the health of the mantis. They need a somewhat specific environment to thrive in, and are best setup in a species-only tank that has been established for them.

Can't speak to the pipefish, however, as I don't know much about them.

If you really want a mantis get a species only tank for it. The learn who feeds them and will actually come out and beg, I would get one in a heart beat if I had another tank set up when one becomes available.

Is your fuge like a macro show tank or is it under the tank like most and doesn't get much attention from the outside world?

There might be a time you have to put something in your fuge for misbehaving and then your fuge would would be an unsafe place because of the shrimp. I think it`s not a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom