What do you all think about this website?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
66deuce said:
http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_1...h_in_description=1&parent_category=4&x=5&y=14

I like the pics of the fish, but what do you all think about the pricing and shipping charges? Are they competative? Anyone got an experience of this site?

The pricing is good, but not great after you add in shipping. Also, I noticed that they sell Moorish Idols - seems irresponsible given the likelihood that this fish will die in captivity; reason to boycott IMO.

What part of Texas do you live in? If you are in the Houston area, I can recommend a couple of very good lfs's.

The info section seems to be lacking. It doesn't list minimem tank size for tangs, or that a manderin needs a year old tank with lots of pods. But prices are ok

I would buy there for big order, they seem very reasonable compared to other places and they sure do beat out my lfs. Some things they have are very well priced! Has anyone had any experience with them? I am curious as to their quality!

Has anyone had any experience with them? I am curious as to their quality!

I ordered from them about 2 months ago. I got 2 fish, 2 ricordia polyps, 2 cleaner shrimp and 4 peppermint shrimp. All arrived in excellent condition and are still thriving except for 3 of the peppermint shrimp. Not sure what happened to them. I never found any bodies.

Make sure you order in advance if you have to take off work to be home for fish deliveries like me :) It takes a few days for your order to process so I was not exactly sure what day it was coming until I got the e-mail the night before.

Some like them and some don't. OK by me so far :)

lziarek said:
I would buy there for big order, they seem very reasonable compared to other places and they sure do beat out my lfs. Some things they have are very well priced! Has anyone had any experience with them? I am curious as to their quality!

I guess it just depends on where you live and what's available in your area. Their prices are no better than either of the lfs's that I usually go to.

If you get stuff on sale, it is better. I got 2 ricordia for $10 and the peppermint shrimp were 3.95 I think. This is cheaper than I can get locally. One fish I got was 12.99 and locally they are $22-24. They have flame angels for 29.99 sometimes and here they are at least $40.

Their snail prices are high though.

I bought 3 cleaner shrimp, a feather duster, and some nassarius snails from them about 3 months ago. All are fine, in fact one cleaner is carry eggs right now. No complaints here.

all the stuff in red I think is free shipping

.Mandrin goby for $11.99 free shipping

3 neon goby $14.99 free shipping. (these are like $15 a piece at the lfs)

etc

etc

I would and will buy there as needed

I have used them numerous times. I have found the shipping always to be free as I order over 75.oo. The packaging was excellent, the livestock in great shape and the customer service beyond reproach.

We have ordered from them several times. Everytime we have gotten anything alive, it has been very very small. I would say 10% made it...as opposed to the 50-60% survival rate we have if we buy them from a LFS. The corals...havent had any problems with them at all.

The message boards are an entirely different story. The Mod's are for the most part great. The admin, are power hungry vindicitive @$$ holes. Reef central is the only other place that I would rank as low as them. Definately avoid the message boards.

hey squishy , if you are getting a 50% survival rate from the lfs you have far more problems then where you order your live stock from. 10% survival is pretty slim.I'd try them once anyway to see

Back
Top Bottom