what do you feed your fish and corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bawla47

Aquarium Advice Activist
so tell your secrets, what do you guys use to feed your corals and fish? anything special thats really working good and seeing good results in growth?

let us all in on the secrets, and please post, you know ur fish have got to eat :lol:

I feed my fish a bit of a rotating variety. They get Tetramin crisps, tropic marine pellets, sea weed green, and frozen biopure marine angel. I only feed once a day and my fish seem to be full and have good color. The tetramin crisps ave always been my staple as it accomodates all mouth sizes.

I feed various frozen commercial blends for the fish/tank on a rotating schedule, and Cyclop-Eeze for corals once a week or so.

A variety of flake and brine during the week for the fish and plankton for the corals. Also a piece of squid for the anenome. Lots of Calerpa for the tangs and my shrimp,crab and lobster eat anything. In a word Variety

Varitey and suppliments are the key. I feed Prime Reef and Spirulina flake, cyclop-eeze, frozzen krill and mysis and nori on a rotating basis. I soak the thawed out froozen food in garlic, selcon and vita chem as well. Light feedings every two or three days.

Formula 1, 2 and Prime Reef, mysis, nori (for the tangs), krill (mostly for the corals and anemone though), Liquid Life, oyster eggs, cyclopeze (flake and frozen). They get a decent rotation of all of these foods on a weekly basis.

I have about 16 fish total. I feed the two tangs about a sheet of nori a day soaking in garlic and some warner marine [acronym="Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acid"]HUFA[/acronym] solution. Aside from that I have a huge population of mysids and other pods from the fuge so everyone else fends for themselves. Occasionaly I slurr up some of the prime reef and formula two frozen foods and dump it in as well, but only a couple times a month or so. Everyone is fat and happy so I guess its working. Oh, the tangs get red algae, ulva, and kelp that I cultivate in my fuge pretty often as well.

Back
Top Bottom