what do you think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I sold most of my corals and got some angelfish, see my list below. I want to get one more fish. Once I get the angels and goby out of QT, I going to order more fish (for my husbands tank). Anyways, I wanted to add in that order either a longnose butterfly or a copperbanded butterfly. I especially like the longnose. Opinions? Am I overstocking? When I look in the tank it really dosen't seem so. I want to get it as full as I can without overdoing it. Bear in mind I have a nitrate filter that keeps my water pristine at all times.

Not so much pushing the bioload as you are risking aggressive behavior on the part of the larger species. Of the two fish you mention, I wouldn't suggest either, most Bfly fish will get 6+ in size. Add that to the Naso, Emporer & Sailfin and there'll be some fight'in. I would look for a fish that is smaller and not as much an active/territorial fish.

Cheers
Steve

Hey Steve! How've you been doing?

What about an engineer goby? I have a yellow watchman goby also would they fight too?

clowninround said:
Hey Steve! How've you been doing?
Very well thank you, I hope the same is true of you....

What about an engineer goby? I have a yellow watchman goby also would they fight too?
I wouldn't, I have two and I'm trying to find them new homes (want 'em?... LOL). Engineering gobies (not a true goby at all actually) are great fish and extremely peaceful. They are however, extremely disruptive in their digging activities. They do not merely "sift" the sand like your typical goby, they actually rearrange it completely to their liking. This can sometimes make water quality a concern as it continually disrupts the bacterial process within the sandbed. They will tunnel around/under the rockwork from one end of the tank to the other and can/will destabalize the structure.

Cheers
Steve

Should be a reasonable choice, the only concern is how large/mellow is your sixline. That would be about the only "what if" in your current stock. In a 150 gal though, I would not see to much of an issue, especially with your amount of rock.

Cheers
Steve

Hmm, I don't know, my sixline bullies anyone his size or bigger. hmmm...I guess I will just go with what I have for now.

Back
Top Bottom