What Do You Think???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought my female Flame Wrasse about 3 weeks ago and it was definitely a female or at least still had female/juvenile colors. Over the past week and a half there have been some pretty big changes in its colors, which is making it look very much like a male. I know These fish can change sexes according to the other more dominant fish of the same species that they may be living with, but i wasn't sure if it could happen without any other males, or females in the tank. Here is a pic from about 2 weeks ago and one from today. It is much more orange now and lost almost all of its pink. Also there is a more pronounced blue trim on the bottom of its ventral fin. What do u think? Once again these two images are of the same fish taken about 2 weeks apart.

Attachments

• flame_change_small_658.jpg
    flame_change_small_658.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 20
  • flame_wrasse4_643.jpg
    flame_wrasse4_643.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 25
Good looking fish. I really like the red color. You mentioned it still had female/juvenile colors. What colors are the adult males and females?

The bottom pic is very close to a male, thats why i think it is turning. Males have bright yellow bellies and dark red dorsals and tails. If u google it or look at any sites that sell fish they usually picture males because they are the better looking of the two sexes. The female and juvenile colors r the same, which is mostly pink.(top picture)

Back
Top Bottom