What do you think of these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbiemike

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to the saltwater hobby, and am in the process of purchasing all the goodies. I have a 75 gal tank and want to set it up with the berlin method (DSB), live rock with a fish here and there, but also want the ablility to have some corals. Lighting and $$$ is the issue as everyone knows. Do you guys happen to know if these lights would be able to promote growth? They are 10,000k

http://www.aquatraders.com/aquatrad...id=33&osCsid=e24ae040cc21c3e6292eb56b50253fe3

Thanks in advance.

220 watts over a 75 gallon is 2.93 watts per gallon. That'll allow you to keep some soft corals...but I don't think it'll be enough for any hard corals or an anemone.

And, they are 2 10k bulbs and 2 actinic bulbs...which is a good mix.

ok, as I said, I'm new to the saltwater aspect, so if I ordered two of these lighting units, would I then have 440 watts, or does it not work that way? Just curious.

Are there many soft corals that I would be able to keep? Ideally, I would like to have a clown fish or two, and some corals they would like.

Search for Jebo, there has been a lot of discussion about these lately. One point of contention is that the blue bulbs are NOT Actinics and will therefor lack the benefits of Actinic bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom