What does a lightning storm do for fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have recently seen these LEDs now that they have lightning storm for the tank, I've seen it on big expensive tanks but is it actually beneficial??

To me, that's going a bit far...... The lunar phase controller modules are neat, and the ability to program in intermittent cloudy days are cool, but a lightning storm..... seriously?? My luck I'd have somebody over with unknown seizure issues...........

To me, that's going a bit far...... The lunar phase controller modules are neat, and the ability to program in intermittent cloudy days are cool, but a lightning storm..... seriously?? My luck I'd have somebody over with unknown seizure issues...........

You know, that is some real talk you just said.....my son was playing video game...boom ....had seizure....although truly neat..I would be worried about that light as well....

Phranque said:

Ok that what you are talking about the lunar phase and the cloudy days what does that do?

Ok that what you are talking about the lunar phase and the cloudy days what does that do?

Some of the tank controllers out there will work with dimmable LEDS.... you can set them to have some days full brightness, some days partial brightness to simulate sunny & cloudy days.
The lunar module comes with it's own actinic LEDs and plugs into the controller.... it will use the the dimmable LEDs to mimic the actual 28 day lunar cycle.

Pretty cool, but what I was saying is if it's beneficial?

Hondachico said:
Pretty cool, but what I was saying is if it's beneficial?

No. It is window dressing and will scare the daylights out of the fish. You might consider a mirror ball if you're into bling. ;-) If you are advanced enough to want corals to spawn, the moon cycle is useful.

To heck with the fish, it'd probably scare the crap out of me..... In the evenings, the only lights in living room are the tanks, the computer, and maybe the TV.... I could just see that going off in my peripheral :hide:

Back
Top Bottom