Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2004, 05:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

What don't I understand about skimmer?

Okay, I'm just not getting something. I've got my EuroReef ES5-3 in hand and I'm trying to understand how it works--the directions seem a bit skimpy. Anyway, from the instructions it seems like I should just stick the thing in the sump--it's not plumbed in at all. But if that's the case, it would be taking and returning water from the same chamber, thus not getting it all. But--there's nothing in the instructions about connecting the venturi to the intake or anything, and most of the diagrams I can find on the web of sump setups show the skimmer in the second chamber, anyway. Am I just dense? :-)

Old 07-25-2004, 06:17 PM   #2

The elbow goes into the side of the skimmer and the other end connects up to the pump outlert side. Than the piece of clear plastic airline connects up to the plastic nipple on the pump intake. Than run the air line up the skimmer body and through the little round acyrlic eyelet on the side of the skimmer. Drop it in the sump and plug it in your done! Adjust water level in the skimmer by raising and lowering the water outlet tub.

Old 07-25-2004, 08:24 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks for the explanation! Okay, that's what I understood--basically plug-and-play. So it takes water out and puts it back into the same chamber of the sump? I guess, then, that it doesn't skim all the water that moves through the sump on any given pass?

Tags
skimmer, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com