what else i can do???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I mention that problem on this forum around 3 months ago but I'm still fighting that problem. I have reef tank for last 5,6 years. From 55, 90 and now 125. Newer had algae problem in the past. I have 5,6 fishes in that tank. Feed them every other day frozen food. 2 times a week Nori or just salad and spinach. My parameters were always steady. PH-8.1, Salnity- 1.025, Nitrate-0, Amonia-0, Nitrite-0, Calcium-420, Mg- 1300, Alk- 8.5 dKH, Phosfate-0. 3 months ago I bought Naso and he stopped eating, so I start feeding every day more and more... Then I realized that Im loosing my coraline and start seeing algae. Then my cheato stopped growing in the fuge. Its getting smaller. For last 8,9 months i got lazy and stopped checking on Phosfate and Nitrate. They were always 0. Since all that happened i knew there is something wrong. I checked on Phosfate-).0.25!!!!! and Nitrate 60!!!!!. Since then I lowered Nitrate to 10< water changes> and Phosfate to 0 < installed GFO reactor> What else I can do? Those parameters are very good < still little work with Nitrate>. As you can see that algae still growing <Picks 3 and 4>I asked some people in Fish Stores aroun me, one even came to my house but could not find any solution. Please help me. Im so depressed....

Attachments

• IMAG0424.jpg
    IMAG0424.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0425.jpg
    IMAG0425.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0426.jpg
    IMAG0426.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0427.jpg
    IMAG0427.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 95
It's a very long road to get away from something like that. feed the fish twice a week and up your water changes. It's all you can do, besides implementing phosban reactors, denitrators...etc.

It's a very long road to get away from something like that. feed the fish twice a week and up your water changes. It's all you can do, besides implementing phosban reactors, denitrators...etc.
You think fishes will be ok with only twice a week feeding? maybe i will put salad couple days a week for my tangs... as a supplement...

I feed a tank I maintain with mature tangs and foxface 2 times a week. I've been doing this for about 2 years now. They are fat and healthy, and the tank is void of algae.

I feed a tank I maintain with mature tangs and foxface 2 times a week. I've been doing this for about 2 years now. They are fat and healthy, and the tank is void of algae.
I will do that. It's just strange that I lost Coraline and my Cheato was and still is not growing even when there was a lot of nutrition in the tank.....I think there is some imbalance in my water....

I believe very high nitrates kills macroalgae. It's just my personal observation, but every time I experience a massive nutrient spike in a system, it seems as though I have a tough time keeping certain algae alive.

I feed my 125 everyday and sometimes twice a day, the feeding might be a contributor, whats the tds reading on your rodi water? and how old are you bulbs and sand bed

how deep is you sand bed, a deep sand bed after 3 years is about done with its usefulness might start to siphon a little out each water change and start replacing it. I have started to do the same thing

With all those problems I have to mention that I lost all Zoas and Mushrooms. Not all but whatever is left all shrunk. I can't understand, my huge Sebae Anemone, 2 clams, Birds Nests, Duncans, Candy Canes, Chalices, Montiporas doing great..Aren't Zoas and Mushrooms one of the easiest to keep.....:(:(:(:':)':)o

how deep is you sand bed, a deep sand bed after 3 years is about done with its usefulness might start to siphon a little out each water change and start replacing it. I have started to do the same thing
That's not true. Sand is made out of calcium. How can it change composition?
if it's a coarse bed and is full of detritus, then that's another story, but there is nothing dangerous about a 3 year old sand bed.

Back
Top Bottom