Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to hackteck
i have a seaclone 100 and imo it works great but thats probably just me i have it tuned perfect

hackteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by reefcowboy
Just throwing my .02 cents in, I purchased a small green carpet a while back and ignored the "aggressive" behavior listed on many sites in regards to that specimen. I always wondered if my clowns would host it after Ive seen so many videos of it happening...besides the fact that the carpet is in my opinion the most beautiful of the anemones...the electric green is insanely cool...
Anyways, I had 4 clowns, 1 small hippo tang, and some cleaner shrimps. Overnight, on the day I purchased the carpet, 2 clowns disappeared, and the next day, I found the head of one of them laying by he anemone base. It digs itself and sticks its base on the bottom glass. Once it does that, it widens its body, creating a HUGE "stomach" and opens its tentacles.
At night, after the lights were out, I took a glimpse and as i turned the lights on, its tentacles were extra wide open, and it extended its body, making it at least 2.5 times larger! It was a giant trap!! I freaked out.
On the second night, my tang disappeared,my last 2 clowns gone, and you could tell all of the animals in the tank passed by it scared to **** ...they passed by it cautiously, and in my opinion its not worth it to have your hobby turn into a horror movie, when you dont know what will be still alive on the next day...
I decided to take it back to the fish store, but when I tried to reach to it and grab it, it contracted itself and it had dug some sort of tunnel all the way underneath my rocks! Only a small piece could be reached, unless i was to take all my rocks out...I was freaked by how that creature makes its move in the tank and without your notice, it takes over everything!
I waited until it expanded again, and went straight to its body and was able to take it out. After I pulled it with lots of difficulty, I found a pile of bones of my dead fish next to it...so sad...
DO NOT GET ONE!! Those things are like inviting the devil to your house.
That is HORRIBLE and the reason I will be getting a bubble tip!

125 gal mixed REEF
PrettyFishies is offline   Reply With Quote

anemone, anemones, carpet

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com