what exactly is a frag swap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
theres a frag swap in king of prussia PA that i wanted to go to. 15 to get in. I was wondering what these are exactly and do i have to bring frags to swap or can i simpy just buy from ppl?

It's an event where those in the hobby with crags can set up a tabletop with a tank and sell drags. Often they are priced at half or less than you would pay at a lfs. It's also a great way to meet fellow reefers or put a face to an online name.
The cover charge helps defray the cost of renting the space for the setup

When is it? Maybe I'll see you there.

cmor1701d said:
It's an event where those in the hobby with crags can set up a tabletop with a tank and sell drags. Often they are priced at half or less than you would pay at a lfs. It's also a great way to meet fellow reefers or put a face to an online name.
The cover charge helps defray the cost of renting the space for the setup

When is it? Maybe I'll see you there.

Oh you do not need to bring any frags. Be sure to bring some insulated containers to carry them home in. Most folks have plastic bags to place the frags in, but I've also gotten some in plastic pint containers.

Have fun.

I've been wanting to go to one, but always have something planned the same day, when is that one? Last one I missed was at ThatFishPlace in Lancaster.

The DVRC (Delaware Valley Reef Club) swap is tomorrow (4-9) from 11AM to 3PM at the King of Prussia fire hall.

The NCPARS (North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society) swap is April 30 from 10AM to 5PM at the Williamsport High School.

I went to two frag events out here in socal in the past two weeks and from just those two times my tank is stocked with coral. Best of all I saved a crazy amount of money, you will never want to buy a coral from your lfs again because they will all seem overpriced.

Its the delaware frag swap one. Tmm at 11. And okay great thanks for all the help guys. Ill just bring a container to keep them in. Anyone goona be there tmm??

Back
Top Bottom