What filters to change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyden71

Aquarium Advice Activist
Iv got a fluvel 306 canister filter iv had it running since November last year iv been cleaning all filters pads and lime cones ect ect and changing the carbon. I'd like to know in stead of cleaning the filters out all the time what filters can or should I change and how often.

The sponges in the red compartment you should clean often, there's actually a packet that came with the box telling you when to clean and change each part of the filter.

I'm gonna change 2 of the 4 filters pads that go in the red holder as iv been on the tank Alday today pulling hair algae out and cleaned all filter pads and carbon again today so hopefully I will get this hair algae under control

Have you got a lot of hair algae and is it in main tank

Yeah iv had tons of the stuff but think I'm winning the battle iv pulled loads out over the last week or so. Today and yesterday iv cleaned my canister filer out as some of the hair algae I pulled out went straight into the filter iv changed a bulb from a pink one I got with the tank to a marine white iv cleaned nearly everything that's in the tank I:e water circulators to get rid of the algae on them syphoned sand bed done I big water change so fingers crossed all goes good from now on here is a pic now

Attachments

• image-72235269.jpg
    image-72235269.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 70
When I had it I picked it all off and it went as snails and crabs don't like the long stuff just the new grown stuff but just pain in *** doing it

That's something else I could do with Afew more hermit crabs r some better cleaner ones if there is any. As iv only got 1 hermit crab left and a cleaner shrimp

Back
Top Bottom